The main idea
I really like Ditz. There’s a few tiny changes I want to make, so
I’m making a python project, called pitz.
What is pitz
Pitz is a issue-tracking system with these goals:
- Your to-do list lives in flat files right next to your code.
- The to-do list objects (entities) serialize and deserialize to a
plain-text format, so that standard diff tools can expose how issues
evolved over time and objects can be edited with any editor.
- You can use your source control system (git, svn, zipped files,
whatever) to track history.
- Entities can hold arbitrary attributes and values. In other words,
the user of the library defines what fields to track.
- Complex queries are straightforward to write.
- Pitz uses yaml to serialize and unserialize data.
- Pitz uses IPython for the pitz-shell component and jinja2 to
produce some output.